Our site informs about DIGITAL STILL CAMERAS (and somehow similar) - convenient small cameras that are always on hand and with which the beauty of nature and fleeting wonderful moments of life would not be lost and forgotten.
June 2011. Pentax had announced the new PENTAX Q - the world’s smallest and lightest mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (as of June 15).
The Q offers the versatility and precision of an advanced DSLR in a body that is significantly smaller than every other digital ILC body available on the market today.
New Q lens mount is a perfect match with the new sensor and every interchangeable Q lens is designed for more advanced image quality than may be found on traditional compact digital cameras.
The camera’s tiny size, lightweight design, and superior image quality are made possible by an innovative PENTAX-developed imaging system.
The backlit sensor is a highly efficient light-gathering instrument that produces very little noise at high sensitivity levels particularly in low light settings.
With a high-resolution 12.4 megapixel, 1/2.3 inch CMOS image sensor, the Q carves out an entirely new camera category that extends beyond traditional digital compact, APS-C or 4/3 digital cameras.
(From official press release).
- Newly implemented PENTAX Q-mount.
- Compact Dimensions and light weight. Pentax Q is to date the world’s smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera.
- New light-gathering 'Q’ 1/2.3" backlit CMOS image sensor (highly efficient to produce low noise at high levels of sensitivity).
- Traditional to DSLR cameras shooting modes as well as habitual PENTAX scene shooting modes, including some new.
- HDR mode for shooting 3 images of varying exposures and blending them into one detailed and clear.
- 1080p HD 1080p mode (H.264 compression mode).
- A sensor Dust Reduction system.
- 5 frames per second speedy shooting mode.
- Easy bokeh control (blurring out of focus or background areas of an image)(typical DSLR cameras feature).
- User modes to save camera settings, filters, and custom image modes for instant reuse.
- Scratch resistant body.
- A built-in popup flash is effective up to 23 feet.
- Shutter speeds from 1/2000 up to 30 seconds.
Recently, Sony company also announced the new small mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. It was assumed that new Sony NEX-C3 would be the smallest camera in the class. NEX-C3's weight and size were: 225 gr, 109,6-60-33 mm. Pentax Q surpassed NEX-C3 in miniaturization: 200 gr, 99.1-58.44-30.5 mm.
PENTAX Q system avalible lenses